BIHAN (BH Aeronautical Network) represents an operational aeronautical telecommunications network, that links all units of Area and Approach Air Traffic Control Centres, as well as remote locations, into one operating unit. Through BIHAN network is realized communication and exchange of operational services with neighboring centres of Area and Approach Air Traffic Control (Belgrade, Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Podgorica, Budapest).
BIHAN network is implemented as a communication network with two operational technical -technological segments - Operational TDM Network (IP-TDM) and Operational Packaging Network (OP-DATA).
1. The Operational TDM Network is used to transmit the following operational services:
- Air/Ground Operational Voice Communication (A / G)
- Ground/Ground Operational Voice Communication (A / G)
- The transfer of unprocessed radar data,
- The exchange of radar data with adjacent Area Control Centre,
- Data for monitoring and management of various sub-systems (radar transceivers, NMS ...)
- Voice communication for the purposes of maintenance,
- Connections with external centres and services.
2. Operational Packaging Network is used for the following operational services:
- Transfer of DPS data (FDPS, SDPS, SNET)
- The transfer of unprocessed and processed radar data,
- The exchange of radar data with adjacent Area Control Centres,
- AFTN / AMHS,
- AIS / EAD,
- METEO data,
- OLDI / FMTP exchange,
- Network Monitoring and Management of equipment.