Communication Systems have a role to provide the following services:
• Ground/Air Communication – communication between air traffic controller and pilot
• Ground /Ground Communication –communication between adjacent Air Traffic Control Centers
• recording and reproduction of voice communication
• distribution of accurate time
• transmission of OLDI, AFTN and METEO messages.
Voice communication systems have special hardware and software solutions designed exclusively for the operational work of the air traffic control. The systems were developed by renowned manufacturers: INDRA, FREQUENTIS and THALES. Using their own and renting the existing locations, BHANSA has established several VHF/UHF radio locations in order to provide better coverage of VHF/UHF via radio signal.